Blog Lets Talk About

Let’s Talk About: Disney!

Most of us that were born in the 90’s, grew up watching a lot of Disney movies (well I did anyway). But, when you ask somebody about what Disney taught them it is usually a lesson about love. Could be that it doesn’t matter how rich or poor you are (Aladdin), it doesn’t matter what you look like (Beauty and The Beast), love is sacrifice (Pocahontas) or love is giving up fear and finding courage (Hercules).

For me, Disney taught me that even though I am a female I can do anything that I want, and I have no limitations!

Just be patient because in the end you will be rewarded for all of your hard work and efforts!

Don’t be afraid to express yourself, it’s okay to sing and dance when nobody is watching!

Don’t be afraid to leave home, it’s okay to leave the house to go and explore!

Don’t think you cannot do something because you are a girl, a little hard work and determination can get you anywhere!

It’s okay to be afraid, and have somebody else to lean on!

Don’t let the unknown keep you from following your dreams!

Finding love does not mean you should stop chasing your dream, but you will have somebody else to help support them!

Has Disney taught you anything growing up?

Related:

Previous Post Next Post

7 Comments

• Reply theamalog

I am a total sucker for disney films and a 90’s baby so I can totally relate all the moral lessons of the movies are so impactful yet easy to understand which is why they need to revive the same stories for the new generation or the millenials πŸ‘ great and inspiring post

August 31, 2018 at 10:16 pm
  • Reply Bexa

Aww! This is such a lovely post! I’m also a Disney fan and grew up watching the films. There are so many great messages in each one. I really enjoyed reading these and the pictures are so cute too. Thank you for sharing, such a positive & inspirational post πŸ’– xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

August 31, 2018 at 11:31 pm
  • Reply The Bibliovert

I’m glad disney has started showing the female characters in the warrior rolls and not just the damsel in distress.

August 31, 2018 at 11:37 pm
  • Reply thisdreamsalive

I love this post, I love how the princesses aren’t damsels in distress but save them selves, are strong, and interesting. I love Tiana for working for her goal, and Mulan is just a total badass!

September 1, 2018 at 9:16 pm
  • Reply thoughtsfromjasmine

This is so cute and I love all of these! Especially “Choose the path that is right for you even if it is not the easy path, don’t be afraid of a little adventure!”. Such an amazing take on Disney, clearly it made us all the badasses we are today πŸ˜‰

Jas xx | https://thoughtsfromjasmine.co.uk

September 1, 2018 at 9:31 pm
  • Reply elaineebest

The most inspiring character for me was Mulan. Not just because I am an Asian American, but also for the idea that just because I’m a girl, I should not be limited to “girl” things. Definitely a movie I want to keep in rotation if I’m ever a parent to a little girl.

September 1, 2018 at 10:57 pm
  • Reply aisasami

I love this post because those quotes speak to me and I can resonate with them. My favorite princess is Belle because she is stubborn. smart, a fighter, and goes for what she wants. She never gives up.

September 2, 2018 at 6:17 pm