Blog Blogging Lifestyle

My Phone Has Taken Over My Life | Blogtober

Have you ever sat down and just thought about how often your phone is actually in your hand? I have and the results terrified me.

Take a moment to just sit and think about your daily routine and concentrate on how often your phone is placed in your hand.

Morning- I know the first thing that I do on a morning is switch off the alarm (on my phone) and check to see if I have any notification. I then tend to spend my first ten minutes of the day lying in bed and scrolling through numerous social media apps to see if anything interesting happened while I was asleep.

Work- I think it’s pretty good that I have a job where I can’t have my phone out as it stops me from getting distracted but unfortunately that means 80% of my lunch break is then spent checking to see if anything exciting has happened since the last time I checked my phone three hours prior.

picjumbo030

Evening- From the moment I get home my phone is by my side no matter what room I am in. When I’m eating my phone is on my table next to my plate and I’m somebody who hates when people sit on their phones at the dinner table yet I have to have mine nearby. When I go in the bath/shower I take my phone in the bathroom though I will not go on it as I’m scared of it getting water damage. The last thing I do before going to bed is checking I have no notification and setting my alarm for the next day.

Looking at the results is pretty disturbing. The scariest thing is sitting and watching other people. When you go for a meal or just for a drink at the local coffee shop you will realise people don’t sit and have conversations like they used too as they are too busy texting other people or taking pictures of their food or drink to upload to the internet. But maybe the problem is that no matter where you go now a large percentage of places will have wifi, including the library!

People always go on about how great phones are but are they just drifting us further apart from each other? Let me know what your thoughts are below.

Related:

Previous Post Next Post

12 Comments

• Reply Susanne

Every time I read one of those posts I begin to wonder how much I use my phone. When I am with people I tend to ignore it but otherwise, the social media apps have had a great part in meeting new people who I call my friends now, so it’s not too bad 🙂

October 4, 2018 at 5:14 pm
  • Reply jennyinneverland

This is something that been on my mind a LOT lately. Like a LOT A LOT. Sometimes it occurs to me how much I scroll and I’m literally disgusted with myself. I work from home and I work online so during the day, there’s not much I can do to get away from the screen – which is okay, because I know I’m doing work. But then in the evening or when I’m trying to have a day off to chill, I still find myself endlessly scrolling or attached to a screen of some sort and I really do hate it! But without it, I’d be without a job. So it’s so difficult!

October 4, 2018 at 5:24 pm
  • Reply Holly

I love my phone and sometimes feel lost without it in my hand! But then, I realise how silly that sounds and now me and my three half make an effort to do things without phones interrupting and it’s lovely.

Holly x

October 4, 2018 at 5:24 pm
  • Reply Bexa

I’m so guilty of this too! It’s scary to think how much we use our phones from the minute we wake up to when we go to sleep. I’ve started a new routine where I get up and make breakfast and shower before I spend any time on my phone otherwise it really slows me down in the morning. It seems to be working well so far. Great post, really interesting to read <3 xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

October 4, 2018 at 5:37 pm
  • Reply Haleemah Al-Sadiya

Oh Lord, I think I’m a victim. My phone is literally always with me except from when I’m sleeping 😂.
    I spend the first 30 min after waking up with my phone. My place of work requires me working with my phone. I go to the rest room with my phone. I eat while pressing my phone and all.
    I need to work on this

October 4, 2018 at 5:39 pm
  • Reply Komal Munawar

I feel you!! I so want to minimize my usage but it’s so difficult when you’re a blogger 😐
    I deliberately put it away and wamder around the house or go for a walk without it so I can resist the temptation.

October 4, 2018 at 5:40 pm
  • Reply Amie🎆♍️ (@acurvyvegan)

I feel like my life revolves around my phone, but it’s so important to take time away from my phone and to appreciat life outside of my phone!

Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan

October 4, 2018 at 5:53 pm
  • Reply glowsteady

I think about this all the time. I work from home and I’m on my phone all the time. Whether that be social media checks or emails etc. I think it’s something we should all be conscious of and try to schedule time without them x

Sophie

October 4, 2018 at 5:57 pm
  • Reply Rumsthereader

Even though I’m quite conscious of how much I’m on my phone and try my best not to be on it as much, I still find myself on it way too much haha, I do take time for myself with no screens and just zone out which I think is so important. Such a great and relatable post for sure x

October 4, 2018 at 6:03 pm
  • Reply Joy

I spend like 3h per day on my phone and it is sad. But i mostly use it for my blog. I do agree that it drifts us apart, i personally always try to make an effort not to be on my phone when i am with other people!! Great post

October 4, 2018 at 6:17 pm
  • Reply martin

Yes i have thought about this many times using my phone to often .I think its addiction .

October 4, 2018 at 7:00 pm
  • Reply sophhearts

Oh my goodness I think about this all the time and it’s scary but I do nothing to change it! What really makes me sad is seeing people eating out as a family and everyones engrossed in their phone- we have a strict no phones at the table rule (except for the occasional picture)

Soph – https://sophhearts.com x